April 22, 2008

Huge goal accomplished!

I weighed in today. I weighed in at 192. I have now lost a total of 100 lbs since I was at my heaviest of 292!!!!!!!!!! I think I'd like to see if I can get to 180. That would be pretty skinny, but light is fast in triathlon, & I want to be fast.

I love to ride my bike. Not just in training but also as a form of transportation. I really enjoy taking my bike rather than a vehicle to drop off rented movies @ the video store, buy groceries, ride to the pool, etc. My problem has been that both my road bike & my triathlon bike are worth a bit of money & I'm constantly afraid someone will steal it while I'm doing my errands. Today a buddy of mine said he has a cheap road bike he bought for $100.
It's a GMC Denali model. He's going to bring it tomorrow so I can see it. If it's in decent condition we've agreed I can buy it for $50. That will be my commuter bike from now on. I'll chain it up of course, but if someone goes that extra mile & cuts my lock or chain I wont be devastated by the loss. It'll take most of my worry about commuting away. God is good to me:) The only problem I have is that I will now own 5 bikes. 2 MTB, 1 TT, 2 roadies. Add my wife's road bike we just got off lay away that is 6. We have 8 pairs of wheels too. I'm running out of room in my shed!

I'm competing in the atomicman duathlon this weekend. It's a 10K run, 40K bike, 5K run. It's by far my favorite race of all time. Great RD's excellent support, great shag, super challenging course-I believer its a harder course than the BSLT, just not as hot. I got a HED 3 rear wheel yesterday off ebay. So I'll be sporting a fest wheel set. I'm really excited. This will be my 3rd year competing in the Atomicman, but my first as an AG. Not sure how I'll place amongst those little guys, but I know regardless of where I place I'm going to leave it all on the course. Is that cliché enough? I love this race, I really do. so far I've taken 1st place clyd both years I've raced. That would be nice to see this weekend because I've got 2 races in the SW series & only 14 points. Meaning I'm averaging a 4th place finish in the series so far. I'm not going to be doing many races this year, so I need high placing in every race I do if there's any chance of taking top 3 in the series. So, yes I want to place high, but my only real goal is to shatter my PR. It is 3:01. I'll be racing around 33 pounds lighter this year than my 2 previous years. I think I can go sub 2:45, shaving 15 minutes off my time would be a stretch. But I'm up for the challenge!


By the way, I had decided not to go low carb because of all the great advise & reasons not to given by my fellow bloggers. Thanks for the advise. Especially S.Baboo.

Peace!

See you at the races!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish we had known you were looking. We would have given you Travis' monstrosity Cannondale. I just sold it Friday for $140. But for you, free, free, free!

Duane said...

Good job skinny!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Congratulations on losing your first "century" - if that's the right term!

Bigun said...

awesome job on the weight. Mens Warehouse must love you!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

woo hoo! well done!

I'm gonna keep banging on the "it's just a number" drum - because it is. go with how you feel, that's the most important thing!