September 04, 2008

My little monkey

I love being a Dad. My kids are just so wonderful. They rarely misbehave, they're kind hearted & loving. They play well with other children of all ages. I have perfect children. As you can tell from what happened today, they don't get that from me.

Today I was at the optometrist. My wife & children were there with me. Because I am working so many hours I take every opportunity I can to spend time with my family. Even if its at a Dr.'s waiting room. My wife took my son and was looking at glasses while I played with my daughter. There was a TV on & playing a nature show about monkeys. I pointed at the TV & told my 2 year 11 month old daughter that this program was about her. One of those baby monkeys was her as a baby. She looked up at me in disbelief and asked "that's me Daddy?". I pointed at the TV again & told her look how cute she was as a baby. I told her because she was such a cute monkey as a baby that was the reason her Mom & I decided to take her home. She continued to watch the television show completely fascinated. After about 20 minutes my wife comes back with my son & sits next to my daughter & I. When they sat down my daughter turned to her baby brother, pointed at the baby monkey on the TV & yelled "Cody, look! That's me!" I laughed so hard I was crying. My wife didn't think it was funny.

Sometimes it's the little things about Fatherhood that is the most fun.

2 comments:

Mike said...

That's cruel ... but really funny :)

skoshi said...

Co-o-o-dy!
So, does she have any stuffed monkey toys--and what do you tell her about those?
:)