December 04, 2010

Project one-nine-zero day 4

Now that I'm training for Iron distance triathlons again I am experiencing one of the benefits of ultra endurance training: the most amazing sleep anyone could imagine! I'd forgotten how easily I fell asleep while endurance training. I'd forgotten how deep I sleep, not waking at all during the night, & waking feeling absolutely rested & revitalized! I'm really enjoying myself. Iron distance triathlon training rocks! I'm glad I have a supportive wife who not only "allows" my long training days, but encourages it. I'm a lucky man.

Mission one-nine-zero day 4
weight: 221.4
goal weight: 190
weight loss needed: 31.4 in 17.5 weeks
Calories eaten today: 3,520
Calories burned today: 970
Net calories today: 2,550


I have to say I'm a bit upset with the Ironman corporation. They no longer have Clyd & Athena divisions at their 70.3 & Ironman races. The 2 70.3's & Ironmans I'm scheduled for next year may be my last WTC race for awhile. They're more expensive ($600 for an Ironman slot), they're harder to get into, & they have gotten way to uppity for my tastes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cody, new follower of your blog here. I took interest in your comment about IM becoming a little uppity. I have signed up for my first 70.3 race and did a ton of research on which race to do. I ended up selecting a REV3 race based on the feedback of them putting on a very family friendly race. Love your blog- thinking I may start one to for my journey. Fat dad 2 Iron dad sounds good:) my bucket list is a 70.3 and a full marathon in 2011 and a full IM for my 50th bday in 2012. Blessings, brad

Chris said...

Hey Cody, I agree with Brad. I have several tri friends who raced Rev 3 half distance races this years and could not say enough good things about the race production, management and family friendly, athlete focused races.

There are lots of half and full distance races out there outside of the WTC m-dot brand. I've raced an Mdot race and multiple other half distance races other than the mdot and I have to say that WTC could learn a thing or two about production and being athlete focused from some of these other production companies. Specifically like SetUp events on the East Coast.

Lots to choose from out there my friend. Good luck this season. I hope that you are able to finally conquer your weight battle. Ever thought of hiring a nutritional coach?

Peace
Chris

Anonymous said...

I'm def considering non WTC tri's from here on out...

Unknown said...

Hey Cody - just wanted to clarify that I was refering to myself when I refered to "Fat Dad to Iron Dad". Couple of years ago I came in at 230lbs/40"w amd now try and stay right around 190lbs/33"w. Totaly understand and appreciate the whole weight thing. Congrats on your determination.