October 22, 2007

To imature not to






I somewhat caught up w/ my sleep today. I got a solid 6 hrs. Not much as I
should. But as much as I can considering I have to support 4 people on the NM
state penitentiary's pay. We are the second lowest paid corrections in the
nation, but to be honest if I wanted better I could get better by going to
school or working corrections @ another state. I'm
complacent-er-comfortable-whatever one should call it.

After I woke up I went for a run. During my run I realized my left knee, hip,
& lower back has completely healed up since I tossed out my old work boots that
had one of the air bubbles in the sole pop.

On my run today it started snowing. Surprised the heck out of me. It only
snowed for about 10 minutes & it didn't stick to the ground. But dad-gummit, it
snowed alright..

Now, before I tell you what happened on my run today I need to explain to you
that I run w/ my dog. I don't keep her on a leash because she is EXTREMELY well
trained. When running w/ her if I snap the fingers on my right hand she'll run right next to me on my right side. She'll run next to my left side
if I snap the fingers of my left hand. When we come up to a road she'll sit next
to me until I yell "Go!" at which time we'll both run across the road.

About a month ago as I was running w/ my dog I passed in front of a housing
developments main office. Out of that office a woman ran out of it yelling at me
"put that dog on a leash or I'll have the home owners association fine you!" She
apparently thought I lived in that area. I don't, I just run through there
frequently. So I yelled back, "you can fine me if you can find me!" Apparently
that really made her angry because since then she has been waging her own
personal war against me. Every time I have run by her office she has ran out
after me doing or saying something. Of course I have to admit I am running by
her office as frequently as possible because I'm getting an immense amount of joy
out of her continued threats. So far she has come out of her office & taken
pictures of me & my dog as I ran away. She's run out yelling she's going to press charges
& have my dog put to sleep once she finds out where I live. LOL. Last week she
ran out of her office yelling every cuss word imaginable. I stopped running once
I was about 35 yards away from her, turned & said with as much innocence as I
could put into my voice "what?"
"How many fu**ing times do I have to tell your dumb a&@ to leash that fu#&ing
mutt you dumb white sh*t head!" That is exactly what she said. Luckily I have a great
sense of humor. So rather than getting mad & getting into a verbal confrontation
I said "I'll leash my dog if someone will muzzle you." LOL. Wasn't that much
better than doing something stupid? Well apparently she didn't find this funny
because she took off running after me. She must be a runner because she chased
me for almost half a mile! @ one point she came pretty close to catching me.
She's a pretty fast runner! LOL.

So today I ran by her office & I was thoroughly disappointed to see she was so
engrossed on her computer that she didn't see me. I even walked up to the window
in front of her office & stood there for a bit drinking some Gatorade. Still no
dice. So I decided to go on with my run & see if she saw me on my return. On my
way back I passed by her window again. She just typed away & did not see me.
Well that just wouldn't do! I've been really enjoying our little game. My only
assumption is that she must be enjoying it too, right?

I walked right up to her window again and stood there for awhile to allow her
to catch a glimpse of this fine Clydesdale of a man. I stood there for almost 4
minutes without her ever seeing me. So I did what every fun hearted individual
would do, I banged on the window to get her attention. I got an even better
reaction than I could of wished for! She jumped up out of her chair & hollered
like she was on fire! When she looked @ me I pointed @ my unleashed dog, smiled,
stuck my tongue out at her, & then took off running as fast as I could while
laughing so hard tears were rolling out of my eyes! I know, it was immature, but dang it was
funny!

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her run out of her office & jump into her car. Alright! I thought, she's wants to try to play chase w/her car! Many run trails wined throughout
that huge housing development & I'm pretty familiar with them so I started
running to areas that were as far from her & her car as possible. Apparently
she's pretty familiar w/ the area too because every time I thought I'd lost her
she'd come screeching around another corner after me again. I was getting a
little freaked out after about a half hour of this. I decided this wasn't fun
anymore. I did end up getting away without her seeing where I ran too. I think. But my 1
hr recovery run ended up being a 1.5 hr hard run w/ about 4 miles of intervals
in the middle of it.

You know, I think I'm not going to run near there for awhile. Fun is fun, but
she took our game to far this time. LOL.

11 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Well, you just hit one of my pet peeves, unfortunately. So here goes. I get upset when I see people blowing off the rules because "their" dog is so special, so unique, that rules don't apply to them. It's kinda like saying, I'm a good driver, so I should go as fast as I want.
For one thing, if other dogs are off their leashes, then you have two territorial animals approaching each other with no restraint. Also, even the most behaved dogs can occasionally get a wild hair, no pun intended, and possibly dart out in front of a car. It's for everone's protection, including the dog. IMHO, if people want to let their dogs run without a leash, they should buy some land. So there it is, my opnion, for what its worth. I know you mean well.

skoshi said...

Hah--I get it ! In my humble opinion!! Gee, am I slow.

Podium quest said...

I understand where you are coming from Misty. If I was living where you are there's NO WAY I'd not leash my dog. But I don't live in the city. This is out in the country. It's not in the city limits so I fall under Santa Fe county leash law. I am following the county ordanance. I AM NOT BREAKING ANY RULES. Just want to make that absolutely clear. I should of put that in my post, I failed to explain that. I apologize. I actually run in front of the Santa Fe county sheriffs office every time I run. I wave to the cops every day that I run w/ my unleashed dog. They don't care. If someone out here in the country doesn't like my dog running w/ me unleashed then they need to either move to the city or change the county ordanance. If they make it illegal to run her unleashed I'll stop. Until then she'll run free as a bird.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

It sounds like, from what you were writing, though, that you were running through somebody's neighborhood, where they do have this ordinance or rule. If that's the case you should respect their rules and either leash or run somewhere else. From what your wrote, you seemed to be betting a huge charge our of mocking someone and flouting their rules and causing them distress. Subdivisions are private property, Cody. They aren't public property. even the streets are owned, most times, by the subdivision owners.

Bigun said...

well, right or wrong (I always get a little nervous when I see an unleashed dog) it's a funny story.

Podium quest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Podium quest said...

I am taunting. They can fine me if they can find me. The post's name says it all.

SWTrigal said...

I thought it was pretty funny to read but Cody-I wouldn't push it-she may be crazy and have a gun. OR, hurt your dog by poisoning him or something..Be careful..

Podium quest said...

You know, The BTK serial killer was a micromanaging housing assotiation head member. Perhaps she's a female BTK. Ooohh, I live it dangerously. Hehehe.

Duane said...

OMG! That is sooo hilarious! But she really does have issues!

Anonymous said...

Funny story. I run with my dog almost every day. I do keep her leashed, however I break another "law" a few times a week. She craps on other peoples property! I guess I could pick up after her but then I would have to run with a pile of shit.