December 15, 2007

Got tagged & weekly weight


I got tagged by Michael Lovato. Pretty cool! I have to write 5 interesting
things about myself. When I read that I figured it would be no problem. I've
realized since trying to write this that I'm really lame! Can one of my
interesting things be I'm really boring? Lets see....

1) I played a season as the left side offensive tackle on a semi-pro football
team called the Albuquerque Assassins. I weighed 250 lbs at the start of the
season, but my coach said I needed to put on weight. So I bulked up to 270 in
about 2.5 weeks. Gaining weight is as easy for me as breathing is for most.


2) I've worked at the NM State Penitentiary since I was 19. Ok. Not that
exciting, like I said, I'm kind of lame. Well, I was on the SWAT team for 5 years
& had responded to multiple riots throughout NM. My team & I were the only ones
entering when all instincts were screaming to everyone to run out! You know I found out then that humans have a pack instinct, & when it kicks in it's very hard to ignore. A little better I guess.
Ok, how about I've almost been stabbed 2 times while on duty. Not just "I saw a dude with a shank 2 times." I mean in an active fight w/ an inmate
trying to stick me. I haven't gotten shanked yet knock on wood.

3) I married up. You ever see those couples where you think "what the heck is
she doing w/ him?" That's my wife w/ me. When on our honey moon we toured some
really old Indian ruins in Mexico. At that time I was almost 300 lbs The tour
guide kept having to wait on me because I was so out of shape. My wife was
zipping all over the place. She never once complained or commented on me being
only 27 & unable to walk at sea level. She's the only person I've ever met who
could be explained as truly not worldly. She doesn't care about looks or money.
Good thing or I'd still be looking for Ms Right;)

4)I rode my bike from Santa Fe to Hobbs NM. 340 miles. I know, not all that
exciting. But that is my problem here. I'm really unexciting! I had no idea this
tag would be harder than a physics pop quiz! LOL.

5) I have no idea what to put here..... How about for #5 I put: I teach my daughter horrible things. Like last weekend my wife told my daughter she had
to pick up her toys. She started crying, so I whispered in her ear what to say to
my wife. My gorgeous daughter turned to my wife w/ tear streaked cheeks &
proclaimed "But I'm only 2". She has been saying that to my wife at
least a couple times a day since. Hehehe. I taught her that;) I think its cute
now, but I know darn well I'll regret it when she starts using it on me. Until
then I've been laughing until I cry every time I hear her say it. Which doesn't
help I'm sure. For some reason she gets encouraged by her Daddy.

I tag Stacie B
JB from EPT
GI Jane
Deputy Dawg
Southern triathlete
*
Weekly weight or tape
*
Now Mondays are my weigh in days. Last Monday I didn't post my weeight because I'd gained 1.5 lbs. I was up to 235 lbs. It really frustrated me because I hadn't cheated all week. So I decided to check my measurements in hopes that the tape would show an improvement ebven if the scale didn't. I'm writing the #'s as I write this so I'll be as suprised or disapointed as all of you.
Measurment sight/Last measurement/This measurment
Quads /31.5/ 30.5. A loss of 1 inch!
Hips 49.5/ 46.5 A LOSS 3 FULL INCHES!!!!
stomach 46.5/ 44 Loss of 2.5 inches
Chest 43.75/ 42.5 Lost .75
Arms 16.75/ 16.5 Lost .25
Total inches Lost: Hooly crap! I've lost 7.5 inches in a month!!!!!!!
Happy days baby!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!! I'm doing a nerdy dance right now. Sure glad you peeps can't see because i'm really bad at it!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

SgtBeesWife said...

You weiner.

BreeWee said...

This is my first time reading your blog... VERY encouraging... I hope you slowly but surely get your weight loss goal!
AND, I think I might teach that little saying to my son! ha, his daddy would love it!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

oh good lord. tagged.

p.s. - don't worry, your daughter will find a way to get to you soon!

T said...

Cody,
Just letting you know that you've been tagged--if I can tag you a second time? I didn't know you were somewhere earlier in the tag line...

T said...

p.s. Great job on the lost inches