December 31, 2007

a great weekend

What a great weekend! It started out with me doing my weekly weigh in on Sat morning. I weighed in @ 224!! I've lost 34 lbs. since Nov 13th. I'm at my racing weight from last year when I was at my fastest as a triathlete. I'm well on my way to my goal weight of 199!

Sat night I worked vehicle patrol, which is the best post at the prison. While on that post I was able to listen to the Patriots & Giants game on the radio. I'm not a big fan of either team but it was wonderful to be able to listen to the game that the Patriots went undefeated in the regular season. I was able to listen to history being made.

Sun morning I watched UFC 79 that my wife recorded on TiVo for me. The Chuck Lidell vs. Silva fight was the most hyped MMA fight in at least 6 years. It was an amazing fight. I'm so glad I was able to warch it.

Then Sun after church I picked up the bike I've had on lay away for 6 months. It's a gorgeous Raleigh Cadillac addition road bike. I'm so excited to take it on the first ride today.

On a side note even with all the hrs I'm working I haven't missed a single schedualed workout since my failed attempt at going Iron. Yup, that even includes swimming! Anyone who knows me knows that me swimming is a near miracle!Sorry this post is so short & impersonal. I'm working an average of 86 hrs a week & still keeping up with my training, so time has not been something I've had much of. Peace! I'm out!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. That's great progress. I look forward to competing with you as an age grouper, if memory serves me correctly I think we might be in the same age group! To answer the BSLT (twice question). I feel like I have un-finished business. I know I could have done better. I had an incredible headache the whole bike ride and cramps on the run from mile 6 and on. I had no idea about SOMA I just researched the website. I think that's a race I might soon put on my schedule. Thanks for the heads up on that race.

S. Baboo said...

Hey Cody, you are doing great on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

SWTrigal said...

I am impressed by your weight loss but not missing SWIM workouts-now that rocks!!

skoshi said...

HI Cody. Just catching up after being out of town. Great weight loss numbers you have there. Very impressive.
Ditto Debi's comment--your swimming is also very impressive. Way to ring out the old--and ring in the new--year.
BTW, since we missed it, T and I send you a happy New Year :)

Bones said...

Way to go Cody!!! And a shiny new bike -- ohh, ahhhh :)

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work Cody! Its me Tiger #36 CB/RB. I gained all the weight u lost and got converted to FS/OLB, but I am retiring soon. Keep up the hard work.

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work Cody! Its me Tiger #36 CB/RB. I gained all the weight u lost and got converted to FS/OLB, but I am retiring soon. Keep up the hard work.