May 26, 2008

Iron training

I completed my long run today on a hilly trail. I did the entire 13.2 mile trail run in Z-2 & completed it in 2hrs 8 minutes. Considering my speed was limited because I was pretty impressed with my time which is really making me pumped up about my upcoming 5430 half Iron in Aug & REALLY pumped up about my IMAZ in Nov. I know I've said this before, still feels sereal, my coach told me I could go under 13 hrs at IMAZ. That really motivated me, but I wasn't sure how true that could be. I mean going 13 hrs less than a year after an Iron DNF? I looked at a triathlon pace calculator tday and realized it is very accomplishable.

Lets say I finish the swim in 1 hr 45 minutes. That's a conservative # & easily accomplishable for me. I'll probably go more around 1:30.

My biking has improved vastly. So also being conservative here, lets say I keep up a 16.5 MPH on the bike I'll finish the bike in 6:47. I'd be at 8hrs 20 minutes including the 2 transition times.

That means to go sub 13hrs I only have to run a 10:43 pace for the marathon. That would be a 4 hr 40 minute marathon. I believe that will be pretty easy at my new lower body weight.

Dang I'm pumped up this year! I'm back down to 190 pounds. 1 more to go before I get to my pre-Buffman & Squeaky weight. 15 more pounds from my ultimate Iron goal weight of 175. I believe this will be a good year for triathlon my friends.

2 comments:

SWTrigal said...

Of course you will do well-you have half the wieght to carry!

Chris said...

"ditto"

Way to go Cody!!