June 29, 2008

better than great

Last October while training for the Silverman I did many 4hr 45 minute bricks. They were a 4 hr bike followed by a 45 min run. That's a decent brick. Not as long as I will be completing soon considering IMAZ is still 4 months away. Last year on these 4hr 45 min bricks I averaged 12.5 miles an hour on the bike with a 12-13 minute per mile pace on the run.

Today I completed the same brick, but the major difference was I smoked the course that I struggled with last year. In the 4 hrs 16 minutes on the bike I completed 69.5 miles. That's a 16+ MPH ave. When I got back home & hopped off the bike I felt great! No fatigue in the slightest. I then completed a 4.1 mile run in 35 minutes. Today my biggest struggle was not continuing past the time my coach wanted me to train. I wanted to keep going. I felt amazing!!! I'm really feeling confident about IMAZ. My coach has got me on an amazing program that I'm getting phenomenal results from. Things are looking good.

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Dude, at some point you have to give yourself some credit for all the hard work you put in! You're really a good person to be grateful to the other people in your life, but if you didn't have the desire and the dedication, it wouldn't happen. Pat yourself on the back!