January 05, 2009

swim lessons & stuff

My daughter starts her first swim lesson tomorrow. I'll be taking her every Monday. My wife will be taking her every Wednesday since I work on those nights. While she's getting her lesson her baby brother will be able to partake in some fun in the water too! All of us are very excited about this. Should be a ton of fun.

In May my most important race for the year is the Jay Benson Triathlon. After the adult race they put on a children triathlons. If my daughter can swim 25 meters by then she'll be attempting her first triathlon race at 3 years 8 months old;) That's 4 months away & she's already asking her Mom & I when her race is, if I will clap for her, & a few other questions that only a 3 year old could make so dang cute.

The day after Christians my daughter and I built our first snow man together. We had a blast. Ended up being a very sentimental thing for me for some reason. But then again, what doesn't get sentimental when your doing a first anything with your child. Here's the pictures.



These holidays were the most fun I've ever had. By far the best Holiday of my life. Unfortunately it wasn't very good for my waist line. I'm up to 236 pounds. I've only got one pair of work pants that still fit & my wedding band doesn't fit any longer. This week I missed 3 workouts, the first time I've ever done that. This morning I felt like I had hit rock bottom. I've felt like that 2 other times. The first was right before I decided to start training for triathlons to control my weight which had gotten up to 292 pounds. The other time was last Nov when I got up to 256 & failed to finish the Silverman.

Anytime I had got to that low point I ended up kicking the diet & workouts into gear & got great results. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Getting motivated couldn't happen any sooner because my B race is the WSMR duathlon on February 7th. Only 4 weeks away. I'm to the point of do or die with that race right now.

I'll keep you updated on how the training goes for my daughter & I;) Gosh I'm excited about her lessons.

No comments: