February 07, 2009

Rough week

I was scheduled to do the WSMR duathlon today. I called WSMR Friday to see if I could stay at the camp ground the night before. The RD told me he didn't have my registration so I wouldn't be able to race on Saturday. I sent in the registration mid December. Apparently they lost it or something. Dang it they really piss me off. I did a mini taper and took 12 hrs leave from work for this race & now they're telling me due to their screw up I won't be allowed to race.

There aren't a lot of people who train as hard as I do in the dead of winter, if at all, & there aren't many people who do this race. The WSMR duathlon rarely pulls in more than 50-60 total athletes so this is a PRIME opportunity to get some great points for the South West Challenge Series. But nope, WSMR screwed up again. This is another mess up of a string of colossal mistakes. Its truly ridiculous. A pack of poorly trained monkeys could RD better than those guys. So thanks to the WSMR rd I won't have another race until late March & I'll have one less race than I'd planned for the South West Challenge Series. I'm so angry I could spit fire.

I have to drop my mini-van off at the shop tomorrow. More mechanical problems. I have the worst luck with vehicles!

& in July the legislature will be trying to make it so that NM state corrections has to do 5 years extra to retire. I can see some light at only having to do 7 more years at the Penn to retire. I don't see any light at the end of 12 years. That's a long time.

On the up side I weighed in at 217 this morning!!!

I'm going to get my M-dot tattoo re-colored today so it's no loner pink I may even get the one on my back cleaned up since I'm there. I figure I might as well get both done at once because I won't be able to swim for a couple months to let them heal. Why limit my swimming like that twice when I could just get them both done at once.

Dang I wish I was racing today. Racing always makes everything better doesn't it?

1 comment:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

sorry about missing the race, dude. That must have been really disappointing. Now, about the tat: You say pink like it's a bad thing!!