February 13, 2009

My comitement to my children

A lot of people often complain to me that their children weren't born with a manual. They are. It is written in the bible how I should raise my children. What I should do & even what I should expect. Here are some of my favorite bible verses about our children.

Deuteronomy 6:6
These commandments that I give you today are to be apon your hearts. Impress them a on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road,when you lie down and when you get up.

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.

This verse hits me particularly hard. I need to give conscious effort in how I act each moment of each day. Will I live for Him, or live worldly. Each decision I make affects my childrens views on life and what should be important to them. God, or the world.

Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.

Psalm 127 3-5
Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man
are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!
He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates

Proverbs 13:24
Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.

Mathew 18:6
But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to have a large millstone tied around your neck and be drowned in the depths of the sea.

2 Timothy 3:15
You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.

1 John 3
See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him. Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure.

1 comment:

Chris said...

A great Post Cody! Thanks for sharing all of those verses. They are particularly relevant to me since I have the girls "solo" this weekend with Lisa away at a conference..

Thanks again bro!