January 25, 2011

Sick and blessed

Sunday morning I came down with a stomach bug. I couldn't keep anything I ate down & by that night I had the cold sweats & the shivers. I felt horrid. The next morning I was needing to take care of my 3 kids while my wife went to college. And after taking care of my babies all day I was needing to go into work for a 12 hour overtime shift, 6 p.m. to 6 am. There was no way I was going to be able to do all that being as sick as I was. So my wife & I turned to Jesus in prayer. We asked that He give me the strength to take care of my babies & that I get an easy overtime post at work. He granted our prayers. I was able to hang out with my kids, felt great the entire day & had a fantastic time with them. My work called & offered me a wonderful post for overtime that I would be able to stay off my feet at. My God is an awesome God! He's concerned with everything in my life & there's nothing too big or small for Him to help with.

Today when I laid my 2 boys down for a nap I felt so good I did a 45 minute easy indoor bike ride & when I was getting off the bike my wife walked in, so I was able to throw in an 4 mile easy run also. With how wonderful I felt it's amazing to me that I was down & out with a stomach bug the entire day before! God truly does answer us when we ask Him for help.

I've also started praying for God to help me get back down to my dream weight of 185 pounds. I was very fast in triathlon when I was at 185 & I desperately want to get back down to that weight again! I'm praying that God either grant me my prayers of getting down to 185 pounds or to help me accept His will over my wishes. Either would be wonderful.

Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: