January 29, 2011

the Turquoise trail duathlon & the Cupid's Chase 5K Run

A race I think is absolutely amazing & I'm very excited about is the Turquoise trail duathlon. I wont be doing it this year because it's to close to IMAZ and competing in this race would interfere with my Iron training. I've been talking about putting together a Heart break hill duathlon for a couple years now. I wonder if they got the idea from me? I posted the link to my old blog post at the bottom of this post to show I'm not full of it. Just click on RD'ing a duathlon below for proof. I don't care if they did get the idea from me though, because as intriguing as the idea was, I never would have followed through with it. I'm just glad someone is making a race using that amazing BEAST of a climb called heart break hill located North of Edgewood & Cedar Grove less than a mile south of where highway 344 & rout 66 meet. Cant wait to do this race in 2012!!!! Should be one heck of a challenge.

I'm also excited about the Cupid's Chase 5K Run. This race is less than 3 miles from my house. Although I'm not in decent shape right now, I'll still do it just because of the proximity to my house. And hey, I've never actually competed in a 5k run before. I've ran in triathlons that had a 5k run in it, but never a race that was just a 5k. Should be fun!!!

No comments: