March 01, 2011

The SW challenge series points keeper

Since I did my 1st triathlon in 2004 I've been competing in the SW Challenge series. It's the largest & oldest series in the world. Tonight I found the message on the web page where I usually find the series points standings:

For the past 11 years I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping the points for SW Challenge Series. Being the "pointskeeper" has provided me with a way to contribute to my passion (endurance sports) and meet a lot of great people. Thus it saddens me to announce that I have decided not to continue keeping the points for the Series. With the recent addition of many new races and the huge increases in participation at most of the races, the task of keeping the points has become almost overwhelming. However, the additional workload wasn't the deciding factor; the main reason is that I feel the series has outgrown my ability to accurately keep the points using my manual methods.

I plan to continue this yahoo group as an endurance sports information source. I will be sending out a message soon to explain other plans for the group.

The good news is that the Series is continuing and further Series information will be available on http://www.southwestchallengeseries.com/

John LeRoy

Anyone know what's going to happen to the series? Will there just be a new points keeper or is there more serious changes coming?

Just a reminder, the Jay Benson registration opens this morning, March 1st 2011. This event always sells out so if you're wanting to race it you better sign up soon!

No comments: