September 19, 2007

cancer

I got this letter from my cousin about my Aunt Leah this morning:


Well, mom had a follow-up appointment with her oncologist today and the prognosis is defiantly Multiple Myeloma. Mom has a bone biopsy scheduled for this Friday with another follow-up on Sept. 27 to develop a game plan for treatment and determine how far along her blood borne cancer is.
There is no treatment for this cancer, you can only treat the symptoms (that may include kidney problems, broken bones, susceptibility to illness, etc.). Hobbs has a wonderful cancer treatment center and all of mom's needs should be met right there! Initially mom will start a round of 3 (or so) medications to slow the progression with chemotherapy to take place sometime in the future.
Aside from the anemia mom isn't experiencing any other symptoms. This can progress very slowly, so keep your fingers crossed and mom, dad and Big Mama in your prayers.

My Aunt Leah is like a mother to me. So this isn't going to be easy for me. I was wondering if you all could pray for my Aunt Leah, my Grandmother Mona, and me. My Grandma has lost her husband and a daughter from cancer already. This is her 2nd daughter who has been diagnosed with a non-curable form of cancer. all prayers would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

Duane said...

So sorry to hear this! You all will be in our prayers.

S. Baboo said...

Very sorry to hear the news. Take care.

dixie said...

Cody...not sure how I came across your blog but I'll add your Aunt Leah and the rest of the family to our prayer teams list. We pray together every Tuesday as a group and daily on our own.

Dixie
Southern IN

SWTrigal said...

Cody-
Prayer for you and your family-done. My heart goes out to you..