September 12, 2007

The Lovato's and race day strategy.

I decided since I'm going to be in Co this weekend I might as well try to see if I could get in contact with my idols: Michael and Amanda Lovato. I sent them an email asking if I could buy them some coffee. They said they'd be willing to meet me on Sat after Amanda picks up her race packet. Turns out she's doing Harvest Moon also. I'll post the picks. I'm pretty exited.

Speaking of Harvest Moon my coach sent me an email stating I should look at the Harvest Moon as a training day, not a race. Reason being is that this race is the first day of my next big build. Since I'm thinking this race doesn't really matter in the long run, I think I'm going to try and push myself harder, closer to the red line, than I would for an A race that's a 70.3. The positve of trying to push closer to the red line is that I could break my PR at that distance. That would be really something considering my 70.3 PR is at Clearwater. Clearwater is a totally flat course! The danger of pushing myself that hard will be bonking early. That would ruin my race. But again, it's a tune up race for the Silverman. So if it does get ruined I'm ok with that. It's worth the risk in my mind. I get my T-shirt regardless of if I PR or bonk. I am slightly worried about this weekends race though. My throat has been a little sore the last 2 days. And my left knee was hurting really badly earlier in the week. It is much better now, but it still hurts a bit when I run.
Peace!

1 comment:

skoshi said...

Hi Cody,
Good luck on your race this weekend. I'm glad your training has been going so well.

Please be careful of your knee! And take care of yourself! Besides that, have fun.
Sounds like it should be a great time.