February 21, 2017

Track running/training

I tried doing some sprints today with my sons during my daughter's volleyball practice. I was planning on doing some workouts for middle distance track running. I was planning on running:
1x600
1x400
1x200
1x100
My back didn't hurt. So that's great news. What I wasn't expecting was is how bad of shape I'm in. I couldn't run that far. By the time I was at the tail end of the 600 I was running a slow jog. So my boys and I shortened the distance to 7x300.

I really enjoyed it. That got me to thinking. Track sprint training doesn't take long and I could do it pretty much anywhere. Like during my kids practices. Which is important because I spend a large amount of my time taking my kids to and from wrestling, volleyball, cheerleading, etc. I don't have much time. I might have a new goal. Track running. Perhaps join a club? They even have a New Mexico master's track and field state championships.

1 comment:

coach dion said...

Weights and sprinting go well together...

it's all about explosive power,

give it a go