February 04, 2008

Ramblings

I weighed in on Sat at 211!!! I've gotten down to 211 only 2 other times as an
adult. I've been under 211 only once before.

My plan of adding calories to my diet seems to be doing great thus far. I feel
allot better throughout the day & I'm feeling better during my workouts I didn't
feel bad before the added calories. But there is an improvement of how I feel
during my cardio sessions now. Best of all when I'm running & biking I feel SO
VERY LIGHT! It feels like I'm floating up the hills. I've never felt like this
before. After my long days I don't feel beat up like I used to either. When I
weighed more I didn't think I felt beat up because I'd never really been light.
It's just how I thought everyone felt after LSD's. But now when I'm done w/ my
long days I realize that I do feel much less abused.

This is a rest & test week for me. I'll be doing a 1000 meter swim TT to find
out my 100 meter T. I'll also be doing a bike & swim TT to find my lactate
threshold levels. I'm REALLY excited to do these tests. I've been very dedicated to my swimming since my DNF @ Silverman. This has been the only time I've EVER swam consistantly. My 100 ave has usually hovered around an abismal 2:15 to 2:20. I'm expecting a drastic improvement. I have no idea what to expect from my LT tests because I haven't tested them in at least 6 months. I have always been the type of person that likes to test my LT
frequently because I want to be absolutely sure I'm training in the correct
zones. My coach doesn't have me test my LT very frequently. I probably prefer to
test my zones much to frequently. I'm sure that has something to do with my
obssesive compulsive tendancies. But hey, if I wasn't O.C. I would have given up
on my health & good eating habits on any one of the hundreds of times I have
failed before. But I'm like Rocky Balboa. When I take a beating & go down, I'll
come back angry & even more determined & focused.

I'd like all you out there to notice the new picture of my daughter & I on the
left hand side of my blog. Isn't she georgous? She gets her beauty from her Mom who also is quite the looker herself. I plan on putting a picture of my son up this week. He's a handsome blond w/ blue eyes & a smile that is bound to melt hearts. God must really love me because I have been truly blessed by him.

Thanks for tuning in, peace! I'm out!

7 comments:

Tubular-Man said...

test

S. Baboo said...

Gret job on the weight loss! Racing is way easier too!

Mike said...

well done on the weight loss. Do you measure body fat? Your arms looks v.muscular. Is a lot of your weight muscle?

Wish mine was :) haha

Podium quest said...

I sure would like to think so! LOL. I'm an ex-offensive lineman (American football)player. My
matabolism is perfect for weight lifting/power lifting/American football. But I fell in love w/
the sport of triathlon. I don't do any weight lifting at all, my body is just big naturally.

Mike said...

An offensive lineman ... sounds erm ... dangerous. I'll stick to triathlon I think :)

Spandex King said...

Soon to be �Cody the Thoroughbred�

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Yeah, but...I never see pictures of the boy. I think you made him up to get out of training last year.