October 15, 2009

a kinder gentler aproach:-)

I've been in the hospital for 4.5 days with my wife & new born son & while there realized my point of view on my previous post should have been presented differently. More on the bith of my wifes & my new born later, once I catch up on some sleep.

How's this:


First & foremost the RD's of races should have C/A divisions. I've sent out emails to all but the Alpine. I'm hoping I can get as many people to email the races RD's to request this as possible, even if their not a C/A.

I understand that there's no way to know which triathletes in a race are C/A's or where they finished among each other. So there's no way to know who should get 2-10 points. But the series has always given 1 point for just finishing a SW Series race. In my opinion I think the C/A's should STILL geta the 1 point for competing & finishing a series race.

I don't think the 1 point should be Johns responsibility to figure out. If a C/A emails & asks for the point because they did the race then they get the point for finishing that race. At least then their not completely out of luck. If a C/A doesn't care to ask for the 1 or 1/4 point & never gets it then no harm done. It's a very easy & uncomplicated way of giving at least some credit for completing a SW series race.

I could understand in part why someone would say,
"if you want the series points there are plenty of other races in the series. Just do one of the other ones."

or

"If that particular race is that important to you then you should do it for the joy of that race, not the points."

I just think giving the C/A's the choice to do the series race without at least a point for finishing isn't really much of a choice at all. I already had the choice to do any race not affiliated with the series. I do 10-15 SW series races EVERY YEAR because I love competing not just in each race individually, but racing in an entire year long series where I can get credit & points for competing in ANY of multiple races affiliated with that series. If it's in the series I feel it should be in the series for everyone at least in part. Leaving out a group, or three groups is still unfair to those groups left out. A 1 or a 1/4 point (if more than 8 races are completed) at least recognizes that a person or group of people did that race in the series.

Don't isolate me & my kind just because we're fat. Just kidding.... unless of course me planting that picture of a fat kid being left out of all the AG games pulls your heart strings, then by all means feel it baby! LOL.

I can understand everyone has different points of views on any one subject & by no means am I trying to say "I'm the only one who's right here."

I truly hope I didn't offend anyone by posting my feelings on this issue. & please understand I'm not one of the series haters that only write about the series because they resent the series. The reason I'm so passionate about this particular subject is because I'm truly passionate about the series, the competition, & camaraderie that comes from the SW series. As a Clyde I want that feeling at ALL the SW series races. Not just some of them.
Peace,

No comments: