October 02, 2009

multi-sport


I love multi-sport training. There's nothing about it I don't like. It's challenging, it allows me to eat more without any weight gain, it makes me more focused on maintaining a healthy weight, it teaches my kids how to live a healthy active lifestyle, it makes me sleep better, it makes me more focused & determined of a person, destination races allows my family to see parts of the country we never would see otherwise, it makes me better equiped to defend myself & my coworkers, it's a stress reliever- there's times when I'm in a bad mood that my wife, without a word spoken will bring me my cycling gear, when I return from a workout I'm happy go lucky again!

Yesterday was my first day back from 4 days of overeating. Bad news is that after those 4 days, it will now take longer to get to my goal weight of 180. But the good news is so much better than the bad news was bad! I'm back on the road to being triathlete thin!

Every time I've failed to drop the weight, went on a food binge, or gained more weight back than I had lost I learned something about myself & my food issues. I'm not saying I'll ever be "cured" of my love for, or my emotional dependency of food. But everytime I fall into my temptations I learn something, each time I back slide & figure out what caused it or how I recovered and I gained a tool I can use next time. Each time I learn from my failure I'm more likely to regain control of my overeating more quickly & am able to have the binge happen less frequently. Each time I fall off the wagon it slows me from reaching my goal, but for the first time I know without a doubt I'll get there.

2 comments:

rebecca hallin said...

great post! I am in the process of tarting a new life moving from Denver CO area out to Seattle WA. I am also in a new relationship plus looking for a job. I have back slid on my eating and running lately and it sucks. since out of work since Aug I gained 10-15 pounds, I know I worked so hard the last few years to be able to run and stay fit doing my training and now I am a bit scared! Seattle has different winter weather than Denver area more rain here! I have been going to the gym and running on the treadmill but still not the same as being outside. I willsoon be packing my belongings back in CO and making the drive out to live with new boyfriend in Washington. Lots going on and at times a bit stressfull. I will keep you and family in my thoughts regarding the delivery of your new child. Keep up the training and god b less

Anonymous said...

Cody - you motivate me more than you can even imagine....you'll get that 180....and continue to hit your PRs...you're strong, and capable, and dedicated.

Keep after it..