October 10, 2009

no love for the Clydesdales or Athenas


Some of the South West Challenge Series races don't have Clydesdale or Athena divisions. Before that was OK, the series still gave SW series points to the Clyde's & Athena's who competed in the races that didn't have divisions for the bigger athletes.

I recently found out the series won't give points for Clydesdale's & Athena's next year if they race in a SW series race that doesn't have Clydesdale & Athena divisions.

I'm not very happy about this. I think C. & A.'s should be allowed points for racing SW series races w/ no C. & A. div's. I'd be OK w/ that as long as it's mandatory for a race to have C & A divisions to be allowed in the SW series. That isn't the case though. I was told the series will put pressure on the RD's to have a C. & A. div, but if they choose not to then "it will be your choice to do the race or do one with those divisions." quote unquote.

Just wondering how everyone else feels about this?

In the meantime I was hoping I could get you guys to email the RD's of the races w/out the C. & A div's to request them to have them next year.

Perhaps even email the SW series & request that if they impliment this polocy to make it mandatory to have Clyd & Athena div's to be eligable to have thier race in the series. If they dont want to make it mandatory then don't have that polocy.

Here are the races I competed in last year that didn't have C & A div's were the
1)College nationals (sprint) owned by the RD's for BSLT 70.3 & the Buffman & Squeaky. marti@buffalospringslaketriathlon.com
2)The Santa Fe triathlon. tcr@tcrproductions.com
3) 2 years ago I did the SULLY SUPER SPRINT TRIATHLON & they didn't. But I haven't raced this race since then so I don't know if they do or do not . jbaade@sulross.edu

No comments: