October 02, 2009

would u say a prayer for my wife & unborn baby?

My wife & I had another check up for our unborn son today. He's due date is Oct 18th. The Dr. expressed concern of a vaginal delivery. 2 years ago when our 2nd child was in delivery he got stuck. His head had came out, but his shoulders wouldn't. He was stuck there for so long the Dr's started to freak out, they called for more staff & emergency equipment. At the last second before performing an emergency C section my poor wife had been able to push my son out. He was purple, wasn't breathing, & had no pulse. It took over 4 minutes of the medical staff working on him before he came back to us. That was the most difficult thing I've ever gone through. Even now 2 years later when the Dr. asked me to explain what happened I started crying. Silly I guess, it's over & my boy is fine, but it still chokes me up even thinking about it. I know if God wanted my son to be with Him my baby boy would of been in a better place. As hard as I try I could never be as good of a father as Him. But I was , & am selfish. I want my babies with me. The hardest thing for me as a follower of Christ is to accept Gods will unconditionally even when it goes against what I want. I'm working on that. But I'm not to where I should be.

Anyhow, our Dr said she doesn't want to risk that again. Our unborn son is measuring the same size as our 2nd child did at this point. So she set up an apointment for a C section on Oct 12th at 12:30pm. I pray to the good Lord he allows my son & wife to heal from this. I also pray He gives me the strength to accept his will no matter what it is. If any of you prayer warriors would be willing to do the same for me I'd be gratefull. It says in the bibble not to be afraid for He is in control, but I'm weak, & I am scared. I'd sure apreciate any extra prayers. Thank you.

4 comments:

Ulyana said...

You are in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

I'll def pray for you and your family...

Glenn said...

God be with you!
you are in my prayers.

Bob A said...

I've been out of touch for the last several days so only today saw your post about your wife and soon to be born son. I've prayed that the delivery will be safe, that both your wife and son will be healthy, and that you and your wife will experience God's perfect peace during the next 2 days as you wait. Isaiah 26:3-4 has been a passage that has spoken to us many times in difficult circumstances:

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD for ever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.