August 13, 2011

unexpected running

My running this year has been excellent. I'm not sure why. I'm running the same amount as last year, but my pace & endurance is better. I weigh 1.5 pounds less than I did last year. Other than my small weight loss I see no reason at all that I should be making gains like this.

Today was my 2nd day back from 3 weeks of vacation & annual training for work. I'm fatigued because I'm having to get used to working nights again. This morning I got mandatory to a 16 hour shift. I woke up after only 4 hours sleep to go run. It was 94 degrees out, I was exhausted, & sleep deprived. Usually that combination would make for a horrible run. I ended up having an amazing run! I ran for 65 minutes & at the 45 minute mark I ran at a moderate pace (zone 4 for hard core triathletes who know what the zones represent) and averaged a 7:40 per mile pace! Normally a 7:40 pace wouldn't have been very impressive, but a zone 4 pace is fairly easy pace and my body was hot & fatigued! I'm feeling good about the swim & run portions of my upcoming IMAZ! Now f I could just find a way to get in more cycling miles.

No comments: