November 12, 2011

Ironman Arizona 2011 bib number

I just received an email that gave me my bib #. My bib # for Ironman Arizona will be #1445. You can track my progress on www.Ironmanlive.com by entering my bib # or name. IMAZ race day is Nov 20th!

The email also stated that the Ironman corporation will disqualify any athlete who runs across the finish line with their kids. Athletes not being allowed to hold their kids hands as they run across the finish line, and IM refusing to have a Clydesdale or Athena division is the main reason I haven't done any official Ironman races since 2007. I feel the Ironman corporation is getting too big for their britches. Much to high and mighty. Very uppity. I'd think $750 for a entry fee would be enough money to allow me to run across the finish holding my child's hand. I'd rather race a grass roots Iron distance race for half the cost and get less control freak behavior & more support and compassion from the RD's. That's my rant for the year.

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

Hi Cody-
We may be going down to sign up for next year. Was your entry fee $750??