November 15, 2011

A selfless daughter

My daughters been saving her allowance for almost half a year now. Even when her brothers buy something with their money in front of her she chooses to save rather than buy. When we told her we were going on vacation this weekend and would take her and her brothers to the Phoenix zoo she ran to her room, grabbed her piggy bank and started counting her money. Since she'd been saving her money for such a long time I assumed she was going to buy herself something very special.

I asked her "What are you planning to buy honey?"
She replied. "I'm seeing if I have enough money to buy something for all three of us", (meaning her brothers and herself).

Earlier this week my daughter had show and tell in her kindergarten class. Most of the kids chose to show and tell their favorite possessions. My baby girl chose to show and tell her two best friends in the class named Angelina and Maia. She had them stand in front of the class with her and she told everyone why they were special and why she loved them.

My baby girl never ceases to amaze me. God has really blessed us with a daughter who is has a heart for others.

No comments: