January 20, 2015

Lubbock Texas and Olympic weightlifting

While in Lubbock this weekend I attempted to find a gym with drop plates which are used for olympic style weightlifting. None of the normal gyms did. I know CrossFit gyms use drop plates. I called each and every CrossFit gym in Lubbock and left messages. Compass CrossFit and Flatland CrossFit were the only ones who called me back. Compass CrossFit doesn't allow anyone to use their gym unless they are doing the Workout Of the Day (WOD). Flatland CrossFit called me back on Monday after my family and I were already on our way home, but they said they'd allow me to use their facility anytime as long as I wasn't a distraction to their athletes performing the gym's WOD. Next time I'm visiting Lubbock TX I'm going to use the Flatland CF facilities to see if I like it there. I'm eligible to retire from the NM state penitentiary this May. Lubbock is one of the 4 places I'm thinking of moving after I retire. Where ever I go has GOT to have some sort of facilities available for me to weightlift olympic style. It's surprising how few cities has olympic style weightlifting gyms.
The cities I'm interested in moving to after i retire in order of favorites:
1) Santa  Fe New Mexico
2) Concord Metro New Hampshire
3) Lubbock Texas
4) Albuquerque New Mexico

1 comment:

actor momma thrower said...

I hope you guys stay here...but ABQ has a few gyms...you'll find a great spot and they will be lucky to work with you!