March 24, 2018

18.5 report

Today I competed in the CrossFit open 18.5. it was a 7 Min AMRAP
3-6-9-12-15-18-...
  • Thrusters (100/65)
  • C2B Pull-ups
I was worried about this workout. The most pull-ups I was ever able to do in a workout was 4. Today somehow I was able to do 13 pull-ups, for a total of 31 reps. I realize compared to other athletes my total will be horrible. But I'm really happy about how I did. Out of every CrossFit work out I've ever done this is the one I'm most proud of. 

After I was done with 18.5 I drove to my barbell club and finished the last recovery powerlifting workout. 

I'll be getting my next powerlifting block today from my coach Vernon Smith. I'm pretty sure illI be doing hypertrophy again. That's bitter sweet. On one hand I seem to lose weight a lot quicker when I'm doing hypertrophy. Hypertrophy builds a lot of muscle, makes a guy look pumped, or swole (swole seems to be the new popular phrase). On the other hand my body isn't used to it. It hurts. And I struggle getting through the workouts. 

No comments: