April 27, 2018

Powerlifting referee

I'm really enjoying Powerlifting. I'm enjoying competing in the sport and I really love the people. I decided I wanted to get more involved. I contacted the NASA powerlifting federation a couple of times and asked if they'd like me to volunteer in any capacity. I never heard back. Eventually I decided to contact a different orginization. I contacted USPA and asked if I could help in any way or perhaps even become a referee/judge. In less than 10 minutes I received a response. They were beyond greatfull for any help I'd be willing to offer. And a few minutes later I recieved thier study guide and USPA state referee test. Apparently they are as excited about finding people who want to give back to the sport as I am to do it.

The test was much harder than I thought it would be. Very intensive. I finished it today and I'll mail it when I get off of work. I should know within a few days if I passed or not. If I did indeed pass then I could potentially be judging as soon as may 5th here in Albuquerque New Mexico.

No comments: