November 18, 2007

Dave Scott & my weekly weight

My diet was going great until today. I didn't cheat today on purpose, but I did cheat today. It was my B-day today & my wife cooked me a Turkey dinner. I earned 10 activity points this morning purposely for my B-day dinner. Plus I still had 21 weekly flex points I could use tonight. So I felt I could have a little stuffing, yams, and a piece of chocolate cake (ONLY 5pts for a piece of cake!). I ate a turkey leg assuming that the dark meat would be about double the points of the white. WRONG! The turkey leg was 27 flipping points! That used up my Activity & flex points plus put me 19 points over. Lesson learned! But I'm going on a 3 day 350 mile bike starting in the morning so I'll just pretend the extra calories were to prepare my body for my ride.

Weekly weight loss update:
Activity pts earned 40.
Activity pts used: 18
weekly points used 39.5 (all of them)
total points over or under for the week: 19 points over :( All of the over pts was used today :(
Weight: 242.4 lbs down43 to go!


I got a great B-day present today. Michael Lovato wrote me & wished me better luck on my next Iron & to keep my chin up. I didn't email him & advise him about my Iron. He remembered from our conversation at the sept Harvest Moon triathlon. He then took the time to hunt me down & find out how I did, & to tell me better luck next time. I thought that was pretty dang considerate! Very classy person.

I got to meet Dave scott at the Silverman. that was probably the highlight of the weekend.

3 comments:

S. Baboo said...

Hey Cody, holy cow, 27 points for a turkey leg! I would have never guessed. That's one of the things I like about the WW points, you really start to learn about your eating habits.

The other thing to stay focused on is that this diet works on your average performance so if you blow one day you can get back on track by having a good week.

skoshi said...

I don't know what all those points mean, but is sounds like you are doing good.
How cool--Michael Lovato and Dave Scott in one post. Nice goin'!

Chris said...

I can identify with the eye-opening experience of tracking what I eat. Scary, sad and exciting all at the same time. I have been using the training peaks nutrition application and it has really opened my eyes to my nutrional habits and really educated me on how bad I can be. The toughest part though is being honest and recording everything that I eat/drink even on training runs and rides.

Keep it up Cody. One day does not spoil the plan although I know that it's hard ot see it that way when you have a crappy eating day!