November 14, 2007

My ideas for my off season

Now that my official training time is over I'm supposed to take time off. I have some wonderfull ideas for what I'm going to do before I start up training for the Redman in a week or 2. On Mon Nov 19th my wife & I are leaving from our house in santa Fe to Hobbs where we are going to spend Thanksgiving w/ my family.

1) The first thing I'm going to do w/ my time off of scheduled training is ride to Hobbs on my bike. It's 350 miles that I'll do in a 3 day ride.

2) The second thing I plan on doing is 3 tour de stades. A "tour dé stade" is the running of all step columns up and down in any given stadium. The first one I'm going to tour is the Hobbs high football stadium. Once I get home from Hobbs I plan on doing a Tour de stade of the Santa Fe high stadium & the University of New Mexico' stadium.

Ah, the fun of the off season!

On a side note, the weight watchers system I just started is set up so we can earn extra food by exercising. I think on the days I do a 350 mile bike ride & on the days I do my 3 separate Tour de stade I'll be eating well :)

6 comments:

Chris said...

Good luck and have fun. I'm not sure why we call it the "off" season. It's not like we actually take time OFF from training or anything! ;-)

post pics of the stadium step tour

SgtBeesWife said...

Blah, blah, run, steps, blah, blah, bike long stretch, blah, $80, blah, blah, oops, make that $120, blah, can I?

We love you, have... er... um... fun?

skoshi said...

The off season really is about fun...FUN..why would you start training for the Redman in a week if it's 10 months away? I'm thinking, keep fit yes, but give yourself a little time to focus on some other things? I know you have a different training schedule than I, but do make room for getting some REST :)
BTW, something about posting on your blog is SO-o-o-o slow, it's making it hard to comment--don't know what it is.

Podium quest said...

My Silverman DNF focused me. I'm pretty determined now. I'm not sure in the state I'm in that I could sytand not starting another Iron training sched as soon as possible.

Podium quest said...

Skoshi.
,
I'll try getting rid of my count down. I think that'll make my blog quicker to load. Let me know if it works.

skoshi said...

Maybe ask the guru-mistress of blogging, Geek Girl. Maybe she'll know why the commenting feature is so slow. BTW, no problem today.