July 29, 2008

new ride & my upcoming race


I got my new bike. It rides smooth & fast. It handles great. With my race wheels it weighs 19.5 pounds! Very light. I'm thinking of naming it the Falcon after the Millenium Falcon in Star Wars. What do you guys think? LOL. Am I a nerd or what? I can't wait to ride it in the 5430 half Iron Aug 10th.

Speaking of the 5430. I haven't raced since May. So although I'm 27 pounds lighter now @ 200 pounds than I was at my previous lightest half Iron race, my confidence is somewhat low. Low confidence is very uncommon for me. The only other time I had a low confidence level was before the Silverman. I knew before the Silverman it was going to be a struggle to finish by the cut off times. But there's no reason now to not be pumped up. I'm only weighing 200 pounds for goodness sakes! I changed my registration to Clydesdale for the 5430. I'm usually very competitive in any race as a Clyd when I was 225. I'm thinking a top 3 is possible. But still I'm not feeling it. I'm not sure if my confidence is low because I'm 12 pounds heavier now than I was in May. Or perhaps it's due in part to my Dad passing away & my Mom's recent heart attack. But whatever the reason, I'm more nervous about this Half Iron on Aug 10th than I have been about any race in at least a couple years. I'm just going to keep reminding myself that although I'm heavier now than I was in May I'll still be 27 pounds lighter than I was in any Half I've done. I'll be racing on a bike that is really fast & light! Wish me luck. & I'll try not to puke before the start of the race;)

4 comments:

Mike said...

Good Luck ... fingers crossed for a top 3 finish! :) Are you gonna post pics of the new bike?

:) said...

Falcon is a great name, but we need to see pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Falcon?? Whatta goob.

Wink, wink.

It takes time. You've been away from this for a while and things are different now than they were. You are right to move forward in spite of your apprehension. When we stop going and doing is when our problems really begin.

Sooo,
a) you'll do fine
b) you have a new toy, so you might as well enjoy it
c) I know you well enough to know that if you don't place top 3, you'll be pissed enough to take the next one like baseball cards from 7-11

Hang in there! How's my sissy? Don't want to annoy her on top of everything else by calling and beign pushy.

S. Baboo said...

Nice bike Cody, you will do fine.