May 19, 2011

2011 Ironman Arizona goal times

In 2008 I finished IMAZ in PR time of 14 hours 37 minutes. I raced that day extremely over weight. I'm expecting to show up to IMAZ weighing somewhere between 180-190 pounds. That'll have me racing 47-57 pounds lighter than my Ironman PR that I set in 2008.

My IMAZ swim was slow. I finished it in 1 hour 27 minutes. I should be able to beat that easily. My goal for the swim this year is a very manageable 1:21, knocking 6 minutes off my PR on the swim.

My bike in 2008 was good. I finished 112 miles keeping a 16.1 MPH average. Even though I'm struggling finding time to get in enough bike miles this year I'll be 50 pounds lighter, so I should be able to match that time at least. If I match 2008 my bike time will 6 hours 56 minutes.

In 2008 I messed up my pre race nutrition about as badly as a person could. I fell apart on the run because of horrible stomach cramps. I finished the marathon in a pathetic time of 5 hours 52 minutes. I feel very confident that I'll be able to run a 10 minute 20 second pace fairly easily this year, even if I'm hurting pretty badly, which would have me complete the marathon in 4 hours 26 minutes.

If I finish the 3 events in the times I'm expecting that should give me a finishing time of 13 hours 4 minutes, which is VERY close to my goal of going sub 13 hrs. I'm getting pretty excited!

The biggest factor on if I can go sub 13 hours is if I can keep my weight down. If I can stay at or below 190 I'm sure I can go sub 13 hours!

I'll keep you updated on my training, diet, & weight right here. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: