May 27, 2011

equipment failure

Last week I had to buy a new chain. Today I got mandatoried for a 16 hour shift at work. My wife had plans in Alb, so I had to wake up after only 2.5 hours of sleep. I cant find my wallet. And my Dura Ace Rear derailleur broke today at the end of my ride. At 1st I became upset because I don't have the money to replace a derailleur. But then I began to rejoice because I realized God has blessed me. I'm still able to train all I want on my road bike. I can easily get a new ID and debit card. Last month my heart rate monitor broke & a buddy of mine gave me one he no longer uses, so I have a new HR monitor that cost me nothing. My family is healthy. I am employed. My family is fed. We have a home & clothes. I have great friends, & we have an amazing God who loves us more than we could ever imagine. This isn't a time for me to feel sorry for myself, it's a time for me to count my blessings. I have far more blessings in my life than most. Thank you God, you're more faithful than I deserve.

No comments: