May 24, 2012

my run training partners and the Los Alamos kids triathlon

Today I ran to the NMCD academy track for a quick zone 1 run. I took my daughter and 4 neighborhood kids with me on their bikes, ages are 6, 6, 6, 8, & 9. They've been riding their bikes with me each time I've ran for the last week and a half. Already I've seen a huge increase in their endurance. The 8 and 9 year old rode 4.2 miles, the three 6 year old girls each rode 2 miles. Taking them with me on my runs has made my run days a ton of fun!

I told them if they continue to train with me the entire summer I'd take them to compete in the Los Alamos kids triathlon on Aug 19th. The divisions each are as follows:

Pee-Wees: Ages 3 - 4
1/4 Mile Bike / 100 Yard Run / 25 Yard Swim
Pee-Wees: Ages 5 - 61/4 Mile Bike / 100 Yard Run / 25 Yard Swim
Juniors: Ages 7 - 8
1/2 Mile Bike / 1/4 Mile Run / 50 Yard Swim
Juniors 9 - 10
1 Mile Bike / 1/2 Mile Run / 50 Yard Swim

The link to the Los Alamos triathlon is:
http://www.losalamosnm.us/rec/Programs/Pages/LosAlamosKidsTriathlon.aspxhttp://www.losalamosnm.us/rec/Programs/Pages/LosAlamosKidsTriathlon.aspx

No comments: