July 20, 2007

Future triathlete

Carb building
Swim leg
Bike leg
Run leg
Recovery
I'm very lucky in the fact that my wife and I work opposite days off. Consequently every Mon, Tue, and every other Wed I get my daughter all to myself. I make sure to do allot of fun things with her. Her favorite thing is swimming. She has learned to go down the pool slide all by herself both face up, and face down. The pool is indoors and there is an indoor track upstairs that I take my daughter to every day after the pool. I started having her run one time around the track because once we get home she goes to sleep after we eat. The swim and run combo really makes her sleep well. She's gotten pretty good at keeping up a slow jog the entire way around the track which is one tenth of a mile. A long distance for a 21 month old. I've also been teaching her how to ride her bike, but so far that isn't going very well. Her legs just aren't strong enough to peddle yet. Swim, bike and run. Gee I wonder what sport I want her to do when she gets older? I've posted some pictures of her triathlon training:)


3 comments:

SWTrigal said...

Cody-that is adorable!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

LOL! That's great. I think it's so awesome that little girl gets plenty of Daddy time. So, how soon will you be getting the jogger-stroller? After all, you're going to have TWO to haul around on training days soon!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

she is so cute!

I second the stroller - you can also get a bike trailer for her and her sib while they are little. Training time *and* quality daddy time! Mom will thank you.