August 06, 2008

70.3 PR?

Bonanza loop is a gorgeous 19.6 mile mountainous route that I ride on 2-3 times a week, & have done so since 2003. Late 2006 when training for the Clearwater 70.3 I rode my fastest ever ride on Bonanza Loop. I rode an all out effort time trial that day & completed it in 1hr 06 minutes 30 seconds. Today I rode that same route on my new bike. My workout was a 20 minute warm up, 40 minutes Z-3, 10 minute cool down. I finished in 1hr 03 minutes 30. That's 3 minutes faster
than my best ever ride at a much lower intensity level!!!


I'll be racing the 5430 half iron this weekend. My best half iron time was 5 hrs 58 minutes. That time I accomplished Nov 2006 at the Clearwater 70.3. The weather was perfect, it was at sea level, & the course was flat & very fast. The 5430 this weekend is hilly, it will be very hot, and the elevation is over 5500 feet. Even with all those things making this course much much harder to break my PR, I still think I will do just that. Sub 5 hrs 58 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes. Peace!

3 comments:

SWTrigal said...

GO get 'em Cody!
:)

Mike said...

Good Luck!!! Look forward to reading your race PR report :)

Greg said...

5500 feet...Lubbock TX is almost 4000 feet elevation...come on! Good Luck this weekend...kill that PR bro!