August 28, 2008

her halo & wings

Triathletes spend an absurd amount of time training. We wouldn't do it if we didn't love it. But whether or not our family feels the same way is another thing. ALL triathletes who train as much as they want either have a spouse with a halo & wings or are single. My wife is the best of the best. Truly amazing. Not just about my training. She's the perfect wife in every aspect of marriage & life with her is easy.

I wrote this about her last night. Its not a very good, but it comes from my heart.

Throughout the nights of work I find myself remembering our conversations, picturing the sun on your hair, the brightness of your smile.

Every morning as I go to bed I rest easy, my last sight being you.

Each day as I wake it is your face that leaps to my mind.

1 comment:

Duane said...

You are too sweet! That's pretty good!