August 09, 2008

at ease

I was really tense earlier in the day. Today being the day before my 5430 half Iron. I wasn't sure why I was feeling the way I was. Like I'd said in a previous post I don't usually get stressed from races. At bout noon I realized why. This is my first big event since my Silvermn DNF. That DNF really hurt. I wanted to be an Ironman so badly, & had worked so hard. To have DNF'd my Iron really shook me to my core.

If I'd of known at that time that my DNF was going to motivate me to lose 57 pounds I wouldn't of been as upset. But anyway, as soon as I realized why I was tense I calmed down. I know I'm in better shape, I have better equipment, & I'm 57 pounds lighter than at the Silverman. I'm even 37 pounds lighter than my lightest 70.3 weight. I'm back to my normal pre-race self. I looked at the bike course. It's not as hard as the Harvest Moon half or Buffalo Springs 70.3, but not anywhere as easy as Soma or Clearwater 70.3. Even though it's not an easy course I'm still hoping to break my 70.3 best time of 5 hrs 58 miutes.

By the way, at weigh in this morning I as at 200 pounds. So I'll be racing as a Clyde. Barely, but a Clyd non the less. And Boulder Colorado is the most gorgeous place I've ever been. There are bike trails, bike paths, bike lanes, & run trails EVERYWHERE!!! There are clyclists & runners EVERYWHERE! I even found out from a local that the city of Boulder pays peaople to commute by bike!!!! Oh, if only it wasn't so expensive to live here. I'd move here in a second if I could afford it. I'll post more on the area when I return from our trip. I won't return until the 17th. After the 5430 we're going to rent a cabin for a week for my family & my Mom. Should be great fun.

Peace! I'm out.

5 comments:

rebecca hallin said...

I will be in BOulder tomorrow cheering on friends best of luck to you and WELCOME TO COLORFUL COLORADO

Duane said...

Rock on dude! See you in the morning!

Mike said...

GO GET THAT PR!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWTrigal said...

Can't wait to hear your RR!
BTW-if you like Boulder (expensive), you would love Bend, Oregon (cheaper). Check it out..

rebecca hallin said...

great job today! I was there cheeing people and with Duane for a little while this am. YOu did great