August 19, 2008

destination race #1 0f 2 in 2008




































My wife & I have a great deal for triathlon trips. If I find a race I want to do that we have to travel to, I ask if she'd like to see the area. If she's interested in seeing the area then the first 3 days at the destination race are for me to pick up my race packet, prepare, stay off my feet, & race. After that she picks what sights & attractions we will do near the area. No matter what I think of the activities she chooses I act like I'm completely excited to do it. That's our deal.

So one of our 2 scheduled destination races for the year was last weekend in Boulder Colorado. This destination race was special because it was the first time my Mom came along too. After my race we spent half a day seeing Boulder. Then we drove through South Park Colorado (9950 feet elevation in South Park )on our way to Salida Colorado. We spent a day visiting family in Salida. Then 3 days in a cabin in Mayville Colorado. While in Mayfield early one morning I saw a snake eating a bat.
We visited an old mining town called St. Elmo Colorado.Then we spent a night in Canon Colorado. The next day we rode a train that goes through the Rio Gorge. Absolutely amazing 8 day vacation touring Colorado. Here's some pictures of our trip.

3 comments:

Chris said...

What an awesome trip. I'm truly jealous. I would love to make it back out west one day with the family.

Speaking of family, you have a beautiful one! You guys have a pretty good deal set up for destination races. I like it.. Pretty cool to have your mom come along too.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

Canon is the town from which my dear friend Tiana hails, you know the one whose mother knows Sylvia, jim and John?

I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Canon is the town from which my dear friend Tiana hails, you know the one whose mother knows Sylvia, jim and John?

I'm jealous.