June 13, 2011

The never ending trip!

My family & I left for vacation to Lubbock TX on Sunday June 5th. I got a call mid week from my best friend that he got a transfer to Dallas TX. He couldn't find anyone to help him pack or move, so Sunday morning June 12th, I drove from Lubbock TX to our home in Santa Fe, dropped off the wife & kids, drove to Albuquerque & helped my buddy pack up his house & load it into his U-haul. I got to his place a little after 7 PM. It felt like it took forever just him & I loading up his house! We left his house at 1 AM on Monday morning & drove straight through to Dallas.

We were both exhausted but continued driving. Just outside of Wichita Falls Texas our low gas warning light cane on. By the time we pulled into the nearest gas station our u-haul was sputtering! I blame not refueling on exhaustion.

We got to his new apartment at 1:15 PM. It took almost an hour for him to sign the paper work & get his keys.

From 3:30 until 6:04 PM we unloaded the van. It's hot & humid here! I'm tired. Haven't slept. I'm dehydrated. But I'm still going on my 1 hour long run. IMAZ is coming & sub 13 hours waits on no man.

No comments: