June 16, 2011

The upcoming Storrie Lake triathlon

I'm pretty excited about the Storrie Lake triathlon this weekend. It's an Olympic distance triathlon consisting of a 1500 meter swim, 40 K bike, & a 10k run. The race will be this Sunday, which is Fathers day.

I've competed in 6 Olympic distance triathlons, the Las Vegas triathlon 3 times, & the Buffman & Squeaky 3 times. The last Olympic distance triathlon I'd raced was the Buffman & Squeaky in May 2008. I weighed around 225 pounds then & I still PR'd with a time of 2 hours 40 minutes. I'm weighing around 191 right now & am much faster at swimming & cycling than I was back in 2008 so I'm hoping to PR.

I got my bike back from the bike shop. They got Shimano to replace my rear derailer free of charge. I love my bike shop. I have no idea what I'd do without them. While my bike was getting repaired I also had them replace all the cables, housing, it got a thorough cleaning, & I also had them drop my aero bars down a little. I'll find out how I feel riding my bike in a lower profile in the morning, I'm scheduled for a 2 hour bike ride.


The only bad news about the race is my front HED3 tubular race wheel had a flat & I still haven't received my tire from Tire alert. Tire Alert replaces the tubes on sow up tires. They've had my tire a month & a half now, & they are sending me spam emails. I'm not happy with them thus far. Hopefully the work they do on my tires will be better than the service so far.

1 comment:

Brooks said...

Good Luck Cody! I know you are chomping at the bit to race again. Everyone in El Paso will be cheering for you!