September 23, 2011

cookie baking & a triathlon physique dont mix

Today I baked sugar cookies with confetti sprinkles on them for my babies and didn't eat any. I felt like I was being tortured. Baking cookies and then not having a single taste is something that could be used at Guantanamo Bay.

Now that I'm no longer training I'm having to be super careful about my calorie intake. I no longer have the calories to eat wich I normally earn from working out, and since early September my metabolic rate has dropped from 3350 calories a day to 2884 calories a day. My goals for the next few months is to rest, recover, and most importantly NOT gain any weight. In early September I Weighed 182. Somehow I've been able to avoid gaining any weight without having exercised at all for the last 20 days. I'm hoping I can continue to maintain until I get back to swimming, biking, running, & a bit of strength training. Once I get back to training I'd like to try to get down to my dream weight of 177 pounds! Man I'd be fast at that weight!!!!

1 comment:

Comm's said...

I have always had a fear of the scale. I rarely get on it and use all the typical pysch outs to rationalize the outcome. I say that b/c my resting metabolic rate is 1850 calories a day. If I don't workout I have to be REALLY tight on my intake. I am glad your willpower is still so good.