September 03, 2011

illness, tri's, and family

Last week was my 5 year old daughters 1st day of school. While at school she was getting pushed by a school mate while on top of a slide. My daughter told that girl "I'm my Daddy's only princess, if something happenes to me he'll be really upset." Funny but true! Kids say the funniest things!

On Thursday I felt sick with the begginings of the stomach flue. That day I was planning on doing my 75 minute run regardless of how I felt. My wife put her foot down & told me she wasn't going to let me work out that day. She almost never does that so I agreed. Turns out she was right. I ended up getting more and more sick. If I had worked out as scheduled it would have made my recovery time take even longer than it will now. My wife, she's a smart one!

I missed my 2 long bricks which were the 2 most important workouts of the week. I plan on taking tomorrow off and healing as best I can. I'm hoping to be ready to train by Monday.

No comments: