September 28, 2011

indoor tire product reviews

The wonderful thing about indoor training is that indoor trainer tires last FOREVER! The 2 I've purchased most recently are the Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Home Trainer Tire & the Continental Ultra Sport Home trainer Tire.

The Continental Ultra Sport Home trainer tire is a very good tire. I put on almost 2000 miles before the sides of the tire became cracked and I started having flats. The bad thing about them is that the tire is black, so after I ride on them I have to carry my bike outside, not allowing the tires to touch the floor or they leave black tire tracks on our tile and carpet. Since riding the Continentals my wood porch has a huge amount of black tracks all over it that can only be removed if I scrub the wood with sandpaper, and then I'm forced refinish the wood with a wood treatment product.

The Vittoria Zaffiro Pro home Trainer Tire is an amazing tire! I currently have 3500 miles on it. Although it is starting to have some cracks on the sides of the tire I still haven't had a single flat tire. Not a single flat in 3500 miles! Now that's great workmanship right there!!! The tires are red and don't leave any annoying black tracks on my flooring, carpet, or porch.

No comments: