December 20, 2017

2 gyms memberships and a glory board

I train Powerlifting after work 4 days a week. I've always done it at Iron Soul. Iron Soul is a barbell club. I fit in well at that barbell club and they've always been nothing but good to me. On November 1st I started doing CrossFit 3x a week too. Apparently I'm really starting to like Bear Canyon CrossFit because I've found myself wanting to do my Powerlifting routine there instead of my barbell club. So today I'm doing a test run. I'll be doing my heavy deadlift training day at Bear Canyon CrossFit instead of Iron Soul. We'll see if they will actually be cool with a meat head like me doing nothing but streangth work and no WOD in a CrossFit gym.

Yesterday was test day for power cleans at Bear Canyon CrossFit. I got a 265lb power clean. I tied for 2nd in the gym. I'm pretty excited about that. I'll be getting my name on the gym's glory board for every event I take top five in. So far I've placed top 5 in 3 of the 4 streangth tests. Squat, deadlift, and power clean.

No comments: