February 11, 2011

The 2011 Presadents day duathlon

I'll be competing in my 1st multisport race of the 2011 season next weekend, February 19th at White Sands Missile Range New Mexico. It's the Presidents day duathlon. The Presidents Day duathlon will be my first race since July of last year. It's been 7 months since the last time I've toed a start line. 6 of those 7 months I didn't train at all. The Presidents day duathlon will be a 5k run & 30k bike. Last year I took 5th place overall and 1st place in my age group 35-39 at the Presidents Day duathlon. I'm not expecting another break through race like I had last year. I'm physically unprepared for this race. I still haven't got my fitness & speed back from my very very long hiatus & I'm still carrying 23 pounds of the weight I had packed on. I thought about not showing up for this race, but since I have decided to race the entire season as an age grouper rather than a Clydesdale I will need every extra point I can scrape up for the South West Challenge Series 35-39 age group! I took 1st place in the South West Challenge Series 35-39 age group last year & am hoping to be able to take another top 3 position this year. To do that I'm going to have to race a lot more than I had originally planned. I'm expecting I'll need to race 8-11 of the races in the South West Challenge Series to guarantee a top 3 slot. So it looks like it's going to be another season of heavy racing!

Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: