February 23, 2011

mistakes and losses

I did my LT run test at the NM state corrections academy. While I was doing my test the corrections academy class from Honduras was on the track working out also. Part way through my workout I took off my jacket and threw it on the ground. At the end of my workout I realized my jacket was gone..... I'm angry. Grrr.

My new Loius Gareau aero helmet melted on the way home from my race. Considering the temperature to & from the race was never above 60 degrees, that angers me. I paid $160 for that helmet less than a year ago and used it less than half a dozen times. I should have been able to get more use from it.

I noticed during the Presadents Day duathlon that I was a much more powerfull cyclist when I was out of the aero position. Normally people are faster in the aero position. I'm fairly certain the reason for this is because during the winter I rode my indoor trainer exclusively. I wont put my triathlon bike on my trainer because it's a full carbon bike & I'm afraid of damaging it so all my cycling miles have been on a road bike & in the upright traditional riding style. I need to start training in the aero position to get more aclimated to riding fast, hard, & long in the aero position- train like you race, race like you train.

No comments: