February 23, 2011

The aero position on rollers

In my race this weekend I realized I was slower in the aero position than up in the traditional riding position. The reason is because I've been predominantly riding my indoor trainer this winter. Since I only ride my road bike on my indoor trainer I suck on my triathlon aero bike. I need to start riding my tri bike, but since I take care of our 3 babies while my wife is in school 3 days a week I am stuck cycling on my indoor trainer all but one of my cycling training days. I refuse to put my tri bike up on my indoor trainer because it's carbon, & expensive, so that option is also out. That leaves only one more option.... Riding my triathlon bike in the aero position on my rollers. I tried it today, & it was wobbly & made me a little nervous at first. But after 20 minutes I seemed to get it down. Next week I'm going to get my wife to record me riding my rollers on my tri bike tucked into the aero position. I will probably end up falling the minute she turns on the cam corder, but hey, it's all in the name of training g for the time crunched triathlete!

1 comment:

Stan & Bec said...

That'll be a great way to check your aero position.