February 17, 2011

Cycling like a GIRL!

I had taught my daughter to ride her bicycle without training wheels last year before her 5th birthday. She forgot how to bike during the winter, so I've spent the last 2 days re-teaching her.

Today my daughter asked me to run next to her while she rode in case she got scared. Sounded like a great idea to me. She'd get practice riding without training wheels & I'd get in some base run miles. Turns out I didn't get in many base miles at all, it was mostly hill & speed work. She was amazing at hill climbing! A real natural! I told her she is the best hill climber I'd ever seen & that she made me tired when she rode uphill as fast as she did. From then on she got a kick out of riding as fast as she could uphill, & that little girl can haul butt uphill! I was having to push myself to keep up. She stopped peddling & rested on the downhill, but since she was on a bike she was still going dang fast downhill, so there I was struggling to keep up with her still! She rode for an hour fifty minutes with me running next to her at almost full speed. After the hour fifty minutes a few boys saved me by asking if they could ride with her. At that point I was able to sit down & watch them & rest. Their favorite game was racing eachother, & they did a ton of it! Race after race after race! If they happened to pass her on the flats or downhill, she ALWAYS pass them on the uphill. After about 45 minutes of riding fast & hard, beating them in race after race, she made 2 out of the 3 boys cry! Oh ya! That's my girl!

At my next triathlon I want to make anyone who tries to hang with me cry, I want to race like my 5 year old little girl.

1 comment:

Big Clyde said...

She sounds like a champ!

Will she be coaching soon in AZ? I'd like to sign up.