February 03, 2011

cold weather cycling (13 degrees below zero)

Yesterday I rode my bicycle home from work at 6 am, the wind-chill was negative 13 degrees. After just a couple minutes on my bike my eye lashes froze together. It looked like I was viewing the road from the inside of a venus fly trap. Even with cold weather gloves on my hands ached from the bone chilling cold. My face began to feel like it was going to crack open where my skin was exposed. My eyes were involuntarily tearing & the tears were freezing to my face, when I flexed my cheeks I could feel the frozen tears crack & fall off in flakes. I had a blast! It was thrilling knowing I was doing something most people would never even dream of attempting! That'll be a great story to be able to tell my children. Nothing like a great story to tell them about how easy they have it!